Hair loss can be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, hormones, environmental pollutants and health problems.In this article, we’re going to discuss causes of hair loss and guide to scalp care for hair growth from The Hair Fuel. Here's how to get rid of dry, damaged hair:
1. Keep your hair moisturized. Use a deep conditioner or cream every day to keep the hair shafts hydrated and prevent it from losing moisture. Add a light oil to your moisturizing routine to add extra protection.
2. Avoid using heat on your hair too often. Heating your hair damages the cuticle layer and can cause the hair shafts to break down. Instead, use a thermal protector before you go out in the sun or use a heated styling tool only when necessary.
3. Make sure you are regularly shampooing and conditioning your hair properly. Over-washing can strip the scalp of its natural oils which disrupts the Hair Follicle Cycle and causes hair loss. Conditioning products that contain silicone or sulfates can also damage the hair shafts over time. Stick with gentle cleansing agents like apple cider vinegar or essential oils that won’t strip the scalp of its natural oils.
4. Eat healthy foods that are rich in protein and omega-6 fatty acids. These nutrients promote healthy hair growth. Eat foods like peanuts, tuna, eggs, chicken and other lean proteins that are rich in protein and omega-6 fatty acids.
5. Manage stress levels by learning how to relax. Take a few minutes out of your day to meditate or do something creative to reduce stress levels and keep your mind focused on the present. Stress can lead to anxiety which causes you to consume more coffee than you should, which can lead to caffeine induced hair loss over time.